Saturday, May 5, 2012

TRUE CONSECRATION--ANDREW MURRAY (1828-1917)


That is the great difficulty with many. People say: " I have often been stirred at a meeting, or at a convention, and I have consecrated myself to God, but it has passed away. I know it may last for a week or for a month, but away it fades, and after a time, it is all gone."

But listen!  It is because you do not believe what I am going to tell you and remind you of. When God has begun the work of absolute surrender in you, and when God has accepted your surrender, then God holds Himself bound to care for it and to keep it. Will you believe that?

In this matter of surrender there are two: God and I - I a worm, God the everlasting and omnipotent Jehovah. Worm, will you be afraid to trust yourself to this mighty God now? God is willing. Do you not believe that He can keep you continually, day by day, and moment by moment? Moment by moment I am kept in His love; Moment by moment I've life from above. If God allows the sun to shine upon you moment by moment, without intermission, will not God let His life shine upon you every moment?

And why have you not experienced it? Because you have not trusted God for it, and you do not surrender yourself absolutely to God in that trust. A life of absolute surrender has difficulties. I do not deny that. Yea, it has something far more than difficulties: it is a life that with men is absolutely impossible. But by the grace of God, by the power of God, by the power of the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, it is a life to which we are destined, and a life that is possible for us, praise God! Let us believe that God will maintain it.

No comments: