Monday, October 22, 2007

D. MARTYN LLOYD-JONES- 1899-1981


Okay, I am getting closer to our century now, and a man with less hair, though this picture taken by Iain Murray, has his hair covered by a hat. I like this picture of him a lot. Dr. Lloyd-Jones, from Wales, was originally a medical doctor who was called to preach the gospel. He became perhaps the greatest evangelical Bible expositor of the 20th century. I have learned so much from him, especially from Preaching and Preachers. His books are readily available online from Amazon.com and Christian Book.com, as well as other places. Probably not in your average "fluff" bookstore! Click link at right for great recorded sermons. Get used to his accent, listen to what he has to say, and I pray the Holy Spirit will use him"being dead and still speaking" to help you, as he has me.

No comments: