Sunday, September 16, 2007

ONE OF MY GREATEST INFLUENCES


No doubt if you have read much by me, or other writers that I publish, you can (at least faintly I hope), see the influence of this gifted preacher, Charles Haddon Spurgeon. Enough accolades have been given to him, such as "Greatest preacher since the Apostle Paul" and the like. If he were alive today, he would scold those who said that, for with all his ability and fame, he was still a humble man -- a "John Ploughman" as he would say. He left us a wealth of material in his balanced sermons. Read them and be blessed! I have links on my main blog to a large collection of his sermons through the Spurgeon Archive, and also, Pilgrim Publications. Simply access the featured sermons and look for other links to more sermons. Blessed reading!

No comments: